Share this Post
Just Do You!
Vanessa Brantley Newton is most recently the illustrator of THE YOUNGEST MARCHER: THE STORY OF AUDREY FAYE HENDRICKS, A YOUNG CIVIL RIGHTS ACTIVIST and MARY HAD A LITTLE GLAM. Talking about these two very different books with Vanessa gives this episode an inspiring energy.
I’m a huge fan of Vanessa, the person, and I’m really excited to share her with you … your life is about to get a whole lot better! I know mine did.
Learn more about Vanessa Brantley Newton
- Vanessa Brantley-Newton’s website
- Sauer’s rhythm never falters, and Brantley-Newton’s bright, fun-filled illustrations teem with energy and life and will keep young readers guessing: who or what will Mary accessorize next, and how? – Kirkus Review of MARY HAD A LITTLE GLAM
- A vivid reminder that it took a community to fight segregation and the community responded. – Kirkus Review of THE YOUNGEST MARCHER
- 35 Picture Books for Young Activists including THE YOUNGEST MARCHER
- Vanessa’s favorite book is THE SNOWY DAY … she is not alone in her love for the classic … All the Wonders of a Poem for Peter
Vanessa Brantley Newton’s Featured Books
Thanks for listening to my chat with Vanessa Brantley Newton! If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or sign up to receive emails of new episodes. If you want to be my best friend in the whole world wide web leave a review for the podcast on iTunes and share this episode. Thanks again for letting me and this podcast into your life.