In this episode of the Picturebooking Podcast we have the thrilling conclusion to my chat with Carter Higgins. We’ll talk about the acquisition of her first picture book, Everything You Need for a Treehouse (Chronicle Books, 2017)! With Jesse Klausmeier on last episode, it’s been all about Chronicle Books lately.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Episode 008 is where you’ll find the first half of this chat with Carter.
- Carter’s website, Design of the Picture Book, just got a facelift! Be sure to push the book party button.
- Let Carter know how much you enjoyed her Picturebooking chat by giving her a shout out on Twitter. @CarterHiggins
- There so much to love about the stories Chronicle Books publish. And I’m so excited to see what they do with Carter’s Treehouse story.
- Carter mentions animators turned picture book creators Jon Klassen & Molly Idle.
- Brian Won’s art process post that Carter used to teach Photoshop to kids.
- The picture of my Lilah playing with the books Carter gave her.
- Nerdy Book Club and Mr. Schu Reads are great resources for discovering new books.
Books Mentioned in This Episode:
Thanks for listening to my chat with Carter Higgins! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the podcast on iTunes to help others find the show. These reviews matter in the rankings of the show, and I’d greatly appreciate your feedback!